For over 20 years, Microtech® has been working to build a long-standing tradition of innovation and quality in the knife industry. In a world of ever-changing technology, we strive to ensure our customers have access to the latest advancements in knife making, while still continuing to maintain a humanized element throughout the manufacturing process.
This passion, combined with tireless dedication, and the support of loyal customers has promoted growth and the evolution of the Microtech brand. As the company continues to diversify and expand, we are looking for additional support to help us deliver revolutionary products that continue to exceed industry expectations.
The employees on our team share the same level of dedication that this company was built on; potential hires should reflect a desire to help foster the forward momentum of the company as a whole. Ideal candidates should be motivated, results-driven individuals who exhibit exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation. We look for individuals with an exemplary work-ethic that can successfully complete tasks with optimal effort and conduct themselves with a high degree of honesty and integrity.
Employees on our team receive:
- a place within a team of forward-thinking innovators
- a work environment within a newly-renovated, custom-built facility
- employment in a location near the culturally diverse Blue Ridge Mountain town of Asheville, NC
- employer-sponsored medical benefits available
- PTO & vacation time
Resumes should be submitted online to email@example.com, or in person at 15A National Avenue, Fletcher NC 28732.
PURCHASING AGENTLocation : Fletcher, North Carolina 28732
Industry: Manufacturing, Knives, Accounting
Hours: 08:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday
The Purchasing Agent will be responsible for buying goods and services necessary for company operations. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and a commercial mindset, with strong communication and negotiation skills. Responsibilities include verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifying receipt of items and authorizing payments.
Core responsibilities include:
- Verify purchase requisitions, comparing and clarifying unclear items
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price, obtaining approval from managing department
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history
- Monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered
- Resolves shipment errors with suppliers
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving / shipping documentation
- Keeps information accessible and organized by sorting and filing documents
- Provides purchasing planning and information systems by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Supply Management - monitor current inventory levels and determine what is needed
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Proven experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions and purchasing best practices
- Working knowledge of relevant purchasing software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical mindset
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Masters or Bachelor degree in business administration or relevant field, along with relevant industry experience
KNIFE SHARPENERLocation : Fletcher, North Carolina
Industry: Manufacturing, Knives
Hours: 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday (Some overtime required as needed)
Microtech Knives is searching for skilled and experienced Knife Sharpeners to join our finishing team. We manufacture limited run knives of exceptionally high quality and we need people who share our passion and dedication to craftsmanship.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 years professional sharpening experience
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the knife industry
- Eager to be a part of a great team and someone that encourages growth, both individually and for the company as a whole
- A team player, willing to help out in other areas when needed
- Dedicated and passionate about continuous development and perfecting your craft and skills
- Salary: 60 - 75K annual, based on experience and skill level. Relocation assistance provided to qualified candidates.Salary: Pay is based on experience. We recognize talent when we see it and compensate accordingly.
CNC MACHINIST / PROGRAMMERLocation : Fletcher, North Carolina USA
Industry: Knives, Manufacturing
Hours: 08:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday
Microtech Knives, Inc. an innovative company with a reputation for creating high-end production and luxury custom knives, is seeking a qualified CNC Machinist with strong programming experience to work in a fast-moving, team environment. We require candidates with experience in operating and programming multi-axis CNC mills, mill/turn and CNC lathes. Candidates must have good computer skills, CAD/CAM software, ability to design and technical writing skills, knowledge of CNC mills and/or lathes with OPS controls is preferred. The company has several types of CNC equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to setup, operate, and troubleshoot CNC machines.
- Work from prints and solid models to develop an efficient process.
- Review Gd&T, tolerances, and critical features.
- Program new parts, using best practices.
- Select machine tools.
- Calculate cycle time.
- Develop tooling and tool holding package.
- Develop or design work holding and fixturing concepts.
- Develop the process documenting set up, and work instruction.
- Generate CNC code using cam software.
- Interact with tooling and work holding vendors.
- Set up and prove out new processes.
- Debug and troubleshoot CNC programs, machine tool issues, set ups, tooling and work holding.
- Train skilled machinists, CNC programmers and support team members on new equipment and process.
- Ability to comply with all quality policies, specifications, and instructions. Adhere to the highest quality standards possible.
- Perform miscellaneous job duties, department or facility tasks as needed.
- CNC machining and programming using cam software. Mastercam experience a plus.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Act as team member to provide solutions. Work well with others.
- Strong shop math skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of feeds, speeds and tool geometry.
- Ability to develop tooling and fixturing concepts.
- 5 axis CNC process development experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of machining a variety of metals.
- Overtime and weekends are a necessary requirement of our business.
CNC LATHE PROGRAMMER / OPERATOR (2nd SHIFT)Location : Fletcher, North Carolina
Industry: manufacturing, knives, CNC, machining, Citizen, swiss, lathes
Hours: 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
Microtech Knives, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates are subject to employment prescreening including drug, skills, and background checks.