For over 20 years, Microtech® has been working to build a long-standing tradition of innovation and quality in the knife industry. In a world of ever-changing technology, we strive to ensure our customers have access to the latest advancements in knife making, while still continuing to maintain a humanized element throughout the manufacturing process.
This passion, combined with tireless dedication, and the support of loyal customers has promoted growth and the evolution of the Microtech brand. As the company continues to diversify and expand, we are looking for additional support to help us deliver revolutionary products that continue to exceed industry expectations.
The employees on our team share the same level of dedication that this company was built on; potential hires should reflect a desire to help foster the forward momentum of the company as a whole. Ideal candidates should be motivated, results-driven individuals who exhibit exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation. We look for individuals with an exemplary work-ethic that can successfully complete tasks with optimal effort and conduct themselves with a high degree of honesty and integrity.
Employees on our team receive:
- a place within a team of forward-thinking innovators
- a work environment within a newly-renovated, custom-built facility
- employment in a location near the culturally diverse Blue Ridge Mountain town of Asheville, NC
- employer-sponsored medical benefits available
- PTO & vacation time
Resumes should be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at 15A National Avenue, Fletcher NC 28732.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETINGLocation : Fletcher, North Carolina
Industry: Manufacturing, Knives, Firearms, Marketing
Hours: 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday
The Marketing Director is responsible for leading the company’s sales and marketing objectives through planning, producing and executing various programs. This position oversees staff within the marketing department and coordinates with various internal departments and external vendors to achieve short and long-term goals associated with the department and the company as a whole. This is both a hands-on and managerial role.
This is a management level position reporting directly to the President and C.E.O. of the company. This position is responsible for multiple areas of operations, often with time-sensitive deadlines and varying / overlapping responsibilities. Qualified candidates must be organized and able to manage tasks and time efficiently.
The Director of Marketing must be an advocate and ambassador for the Microtech brand. The ideal candidate will possess a love for the firearms and tactical knife industry, with previous experience in these fields being a major asset. As a growing and evolving company, we’re looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit seeking to foster growth within themselves and for the company. Qualified candidates must be a team leader with the ability to mentor junior associates, as well as work cooperatively with various department heads and external suppliers to achieve company objectives.
The Marketing Department is responsible for the following areas of operation:
Events & Trade Shows
Microtech attends multiple events throughout the year – an average of once a month. This position is responsible for organizing logistics, design, production and execution of these events in collaboration with other departments. As advocate and ambassador for the brand, you are the primary point of contact for Microtech’s marketing and branding relations. You’ll be expected to help present and affirm Microtech as a tier-one, premium brand and help to instill that understanding into our customers, visitors and vendors.
Sales & Marketing
Microtech utilizes multiple marketing and promotional avenues, including print and digital advertisement and social media. The Marketing Director is responsible for organizing various publications and placements, scheduling artwork production and ensuring submission deadlines are met. This position is responsible for executing short and long-term promotional and advertising campaigns as well as developing and recommending product positioning within the market. This position oversees and evaluates market research, competitor products and activities and establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners. You’ll work closely with the social media and public relations team to ensure clear and consistent messaging across all marketing channels.
Creative & Branding
While not directly responsible for artwork production, the Marketing Director oversees the execution of the entire brand and product experience. You will be responsible for executing consistent and effective brand presence through multiple channels ranging from packaging to various printed and digital collateral. You’ll be responsible for developing marketing, sales and production collateral for internal and external presentation, ensuring a consistent brand image across all forms of media. A large part of this will be maintaining the company’s website.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Sales, Marketing or Business Administration
Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience in a similar role.
- Professional Business Acumen
- Detailed Organization and File Management
- Customer and Client Focused
- Presentation and Public Speaking Proficiency
- Professional Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Problem Solving, Analytical and Strategic Thinker
- Solutions Over Excuses Oriented
- Results Driven
- Technical Capacity and Fluency (as applicable to position demands)
This is a full-time, in-house position to be held in Fletcher, North Carolina. Office hours are 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday, with some additional overtime as required. Work is preformed largely in an office environment. During and surrounding event dates, extended hours and some weekend work may be required. Travel is also a part of this position, largely within the United States, but some international travel may be required. You should anticipate travel at least 3-4 times per year.
Extremely competitive salary and relocation assistance is provided for well-qualified candidates.Salary:
KNIFE SHARPENERLocation : Fletcher, North Carolina
Industry: Manufacturing, Knives
Hours: 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday (Some overtime required as needed)
Microtech Knives is searching for skilled and experienced Knife Sharpeners to join our finishing team. We manufacture limited run knives of exceptionally high quality and we need people who share our passion and dedication to craftsmanship.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 years professional sharpening experience
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the knife industry
- Eager to be a part of a great team and someone that encourages growth, both individually and for the company as a whole
- A team player, willing to help out in other areas when needed
- Dedicated and passionate about continuous development and perfecting your craft and skills
- Salary: 60 - 75K annual, based on experience and skill level. Relocation assistance provided to qualified candidates.Salary: Pay is based on experience. We recognize talent when we see it and compensate accordingly.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCESLocation : Fletcher, North Carolina
Industry: Manufacturing, Knives, Tools
Hours: 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the organization's human resources through evaluating, planning and implementing employee relations and human resource policies and practices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains employment positioning and structure by updating job requirements, descriptions and postings for all positions.
- Collaborate with management and department heads to assess department needs regarding human resources and staffing.
- Maintain staff organization by establishing recruiting and interviewing programs. Assisting managers on candidate selection. Conducting and analyzing entry and exit interviews.
- Analyze and implement corporate policy and procedure updates with regard to human resources.
- Prepare employees for duties and roles by establishing and conducting staff orientation and training programs.
- Maintain and continuously evaluate employee benefits programs. Analyze benefit needs and trends. Recommending benefit programs to management. Efficiently managing benefit claims processing.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing federal and state requirements with regards to employment procedures and employees.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating and implementing human resource policies and practices. Maintain and evolve the Employee Handbook, implementing and updating policies as needed.
- Counsel and discipline staff when infractions have occurred. Ensure all employees are in compliance with company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain an accurate human resource database. Archiving and organizing employee records efficiently.
- Contributing member of management, supporting overall corporate and team growth, both holistically and individually.
- Experience in Human Resource Management
- Recruitment & Staff Sourcing
- Benefits Administration
- Performance Monitoring
- Communication Processes
- Compensation and Wage Structuring
- Support Diversity
- Thorough Understanding of Federal and State Employment Laws
- Organization and Management Skills
- Professional Written and Verbal Communication Skills
CNC MACHINIST / PROGRAMMER / OPERATORLocation : Fletcher, North Carolina
Industry: manufacturing, knives, CNC, machining, Citizen, swiss, lathes
Hours: 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
TOOL MAKERLocation : Fletcher, North Carolina
Industry: Manufacturing, CNC Machining, Knives
Hours: 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
We are currently looking for seasoned Tool Makers for limited run knife components.
- Experienced tool maker, preferably with state certification
- Knowledge and confidence in manual mill, lathe and grinder machining
- Familiarity and knowledge with prototype CNC machining
- Troubleshooting skills - ability to recognize and correct inconsistencies
- Manufacturer to consistently close tolerances
- Work in a team atmosphere to assist / instruct co-workers with machining techniques
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Maintain and uphold confidentiality standards
- Willing to work overtime when necessary
Microtech Knives, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates are subject to employment prescreening including drug, skills, and background checks.